Comment on page
Complex full-fledged University-grade course for Computer Science classes focused on in-depth understanding of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain technology lectured at Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies at Slovak University of Technology by David Stancel, MSc. of CoinStory and Kristian Kostal,Phd.
The creation of this course has been supported by Ernst&Young - Thank you!
Feel free to use anything for whatever purpose as long as you attribute credits appopriately. Everyone is also welcomed to send comments, inquires and proposals of topics, and resources to include into the course at [email protected].
Updated slides will be linked here throughout 2021.
Inspired by Courses:
Based on Books:
Further Recommedned Reading:
- History and emergence of digital currencies - Digicash, Bitgold, B-money,Hashcash, RPOW, E-gold ..
- Fundamental technology stack
- Emergence of Bitcoin
- Main principles and definitions
- Bitcoin protocol specifications
- Transactions - UTXO model, data structures
- Proof-of-Work Consensus Mechanism
- Bitcoin Script
Reading & Resources:
- Syntax, Tools
- Programming decentralized applicatins
Building Ethereum Dapps - Roberto Infante - Chapters 4,5,6, and 8
- Introduction to Altcoins
- Basic Differences
- Comparison of selected altcoins in terms of technology - Monero, Zcash, Decred, Pivx ...
- Smart Contract Platforms: Cardano, Cosmos, Avalanche, Polkadot, Near
- Tokenisation as a phenomenom
Mastering Blockchain - Imran Bashir - Chapter 15
- Bitcoin and Ethereum scaling techniques
- Lightning Network - main principles, and overview of implementations
- Plasma, State Channels - main principles, and overview of implementations
- Types of Wallets, Seeds and archiving
- Cryptocurrency Exchanges and Tools
- Attack vectors - 51% attack, Selfish Mining, Time Jacking, Eclipse attack, Flood attack, Sybil attacks ...
- Anonymity and privacy techniques
- Blockchain Consortia - overview adn technologies
- Ethereum Enterprise Alliance, Hyperledger, Qorum
- EY - Nightfall, Baseline
- Overview of different blockchain usecases and applicaitons
- Public sector usecases, Supply Chain, Finance, Timestamping
- NOnf-ungible tokens
- DeFi - MakerDAO & DAI, Decentralized Exchanges, Lending, Derivatives, Insurance, Aggregators
- Cosmos, Polkadot
- Homogenous vs. heterogenous
- different categorization of blockchain interoperability
- Legal Challenges of Smart Contracts & Dapps & DAOs
- Legal and Economic Aspects of Cryptocurrencies - KYC, AML, MiCA
- ICOs, STOs, IEOs, Airdrops, CBDCs
- Introduciton to DeFi
- MakerDAO & DAI
- Decentralized Exchanges, Lending, Derivatives, Insurance, Fund Management, Lottery
- Uniswap, Compound, Synthetix, Opyn, TokenSets, PoolTogether